Monday, October 17, 2011

Patriot's Pen Essay

Authors Note: Are you proud of your country? Do you think that your fortunate to live where you do? This is what I think of my country:


Brave soldiers, freedom to do what we want to do, and food that we don’t have to work for: what’s not to be proud of? I mean, come on now! How could you not be proud of that?!
To begin with, having people fighting for the freedom of my country makes me feel protected. I feel like I can embrace the beauty instead of just catching a glimpse. After all, most people don’t take the time to enjoy the view, especially when it’s directly in front of their face.
We have so much to be grateful for in our country. First of all, not many people in other places can say that I have shelter to go home to, a bed to sleep in, and food to eat every meal. Other people are starving to death and walking two miles just to drink uncleanly water. While us Americans can just walk to our refrigerator and get a hold of as much water as we want.
          A community in Africa is way different than a neighborhood in the U.S. In the United States, you would see houses and garages to put your cars in. Africa on the other hand wouldn’t have these supplies commonly. Second, in other countries, slavery is still going on; people don’t have a choice to be a slave of someone else. The owner of the slave just picks who they want and forces them to work.
I am appreciative for the soldiers who fight for our freedom, so we don’t have to be a slave of someone else: we are free. Lastly, we have policemen protecting the streets for our safety. They catch people speeding and arrest people for doing things that shouldn’t be done. Some people don’t understand what these people go through.
Our country is very fortunate to have a country like this. The flag stands with courage, enthusiasm, life, purity, and peace. Therefore it is proud of its country, just like me.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa. You rock at voice. You made some really good points, too, to defend what you thought. I really liked your word choice, and the only thing I would ask is about the first sentence in your second paragraph because it kind of confused me--I don't know...maybe I'm just being a blonde, and everyone else understands perfectly. Seriously, though, I loved this!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this piece! You had strong voice and a great conclusion!
    PS- I like you first sentence in your 2nd paragraph:p

    ReplyDelete