Thursday, May 10, 2012

Great America

 Author's Note: I wrote this piece in my writing circle. My writing topic was Great America. I worked on expanding my word choice.

I was happy that I got in line early because it was getting longer by the minute. I was terrified: the ride looked so scary and I couldn’t move my feet. It was like they were glued to the ground. I didn’t want to move, but the aggravated people tried to slide past me. As I neared the front of the line, I took a large gulp. I could see the first loop not too far away from me. It wasn’t long before I got in my seat ready for the ride. I was so distracted by the roller coaster, that I had forgotten to put my seat-belt on! The worker told me I had to fasten it, so I did as I was told. Before I knew it, we were on our way. I closed my eyes for a split second before realizing that this wasn’t so bad! We were just going up and up and up. All of sudden I remembered a saying my grandpa had told me, “If a hill goes up, it always goes down.” This was definitely something that related to that. I opened my eyes and took in the view that was overlooking the park: it was breathtaking. I had no idea something could be so high up! Barely after three seconds, my heart had skipped a beat. We were headed straight towards the ground. I couldn’t help myself, I screamed as loud as I was capable of. I noticed some others screaming along with me. We headed towards the second loop, and I saw some people putting their hands up in the air to make the ride more fun. I decided to try it. It felt like I was a bird, flying through the sky! A few moments later, and we were back to the station where the roller coaster had started. The ride had been so much fun that I hadn’t even noticed that it was over! I felt very accomplished. I had just ridden the tallest ride at Six Flags, Great America.

No comments:

Post a Comment