Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Beach Time

Author's Note: This a creative piece I wrote about this upcoming spring break I used some similes that tie into my piece. I have never been out of the country, so it'll be a whole different setting from this frigid winter. Puerto Vallarta here I come! :)

With my sunglasses on, flip-flops clicking, and sunscreen lathered, the seashells wash up on shore as the white waves crash to the sand and touch my toes. I have finally made it to the beach where there are no more harsh temperatures while frozen snowflakes melt on my bundled up body. I can finally break out of my shell and run free while watching the sunset as it reflects on the calm ocean waters. The ocean dances back and forth, to and from the awaiting sand as I sip a fruity smoothie which I can have at any time I desire it. The sand seeps through my toes as a pedicurist would before painting my toenails. I breathe in, and breathe out the fresh aroma of newly-baked corn-dogs, snow cone flavorings and the pure scent of sea-salt as I soak up the warm sunny rays with people stretching across the whole shoreline. The other vacationers are doing the same as me, but I don't notice them because everything seems too good to be true. As a matter of fact, it feels like a dream that I've always longed to experience: a dream where I crossed the borderline of the United States, and branched off and explored in a different country. At last, I get the chance to experience what I have dreamed of forever: new country, different language, different way of life, and all of it is different and utter paradise all at the same time. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a really good piece! Your similes are rally good, and I can pick them out. I think that you will have so much fun there! Great job, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had good imagery, because it felt like I was there. Great job keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete